Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Adventure: #12 Hawn State Park


Jaunt out to Hawn State Park for some hiking. My goal was to see if I could get the mileage up in anticipation of some long distance hikes. The heat slowed me down as well as the terrain. I managed 2 days of hiking and only one night before I headed home. I had a cold night as my poncho liner underquilt seemed to let the draft in, hard to believe you will be cold when it is 90 degrees out, but it got to 54 at night. I have plans to make a proper underquilt and I will post of up the vid once I am done.

I also suffered with water filter issues which compounded the heat problems. My sawyer gravity filter worked but slower that I had planned. This is something I will need to work on over the next few weeks. I did manage to get in about 26 miles over the two days, not too bad. Getting out and using the equipment is important, gives you a chance to know what is working and what needs to be worked on.

Here is the gear list for the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment